Monday, March 2, 2009

From: Heather Richardson

Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 9:50 AM

Hi everyone!

Since I am short on time, I will write more via snail mail. I will also add the email addresses that Mom gave to my address book next week when I have more time!

Things are going great! We’ve set a baptismal date with a young man, R____, we are teaching for later this month on the 21st. We also plan to set a baptismal date with another investigator, Hermano H____, also for the 21st. His wife is a member who has become more active recently b/c of our efforts to reactivate many. He is spectacular! They both are actually! Both ask such thoughtful questions and love to learn. Hermano Hector told us all about he had read in DyC (D&C is the Doctrine and Covenants—one of our books of scripture. See the Spanish slipping into her writing?) about priesthood, J.S., and was able to tell us such an amazing summary of the great apostasy! We tried to set another date with Hermano who we have been teaching for several months but he didn't want to commit to any date. I asked him if he would be baptized and he was like, "No.” It was a little bit weird for a few seconds, he he! He has been struggling with not drinking coffee and but we’ve wondered if something else is bothering him too.

Have a happy, happy birthday Mom! I will send you something today in the mail. I love you very much and miss you! Have a fun birthday!

Love, Heather

P.S. My birthday was great! Details to come in the mail!

No comments: