Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hi family!

Monday

April 27, 2009


Dear Family,

How is everyone doing up north? Things are going great down here! Hermana Brundage and I had eleven Spanish investigators and one English investigator at church yesterday!!! One family, the Gonzales family, that we have taught twice came except for the Mom, Sulma, she had to go to work. Next week she hopes to be able to come. Natalia, who is four, started to cry and so she came from the Primary and joined her Dad and us in Gospel Principals class, but then started to cry again. Hno. Miguel couldn’t do much in helping her stop. So after her sisters, Erica and Claudia, got out of Young Women’s they went home but were sad to leave early. But they are excited to come back and hopefully with Mom being there next week and things not being quite so new, little Natalia will be more comfortable. They are the cutest family! The parents are originally from El Salvador but both met here in the U.S.! He is the one who I chased after to talk to and ended up being the one who had called for a Finding Faith in Christ DVD.

Hna. Alicia's baptismal date has been postponed until they can be legally married on Wednesday. They were married by the Catholic Church in Mexico but for some reason didn’t do it legally so they are in the process of getting that done. But we have a baptismal date for Hna. Flor!!! We were teaching the third lesson and I was teaching about baptism. I asked her if she would be willing to prepare to be baptized on May 17. She asked what all she had to do before then to be prepared. We talked about it all and told her that she would need to ask her boss to give her a schedule that would allow her to go to church every Sunday. We talked about postponing it until the following week but she said that she wanted it for the 17th!! She is so amazing! She lives with her bother, her sister-in-law, and her nephew, Nefi (her sister-in-law is an inactive member). We are so excited for her!!!

This morning was eventful at the laundry mat! It was thundering and raining pretty strongly and the front door was open. Well, a crow got in and flew into the walls and front windows a few times. During this time, he flew a foot away from in front of me, then hit the back wall and conked out! Well, the young lady working there swept his dizzy self up into a dust pan and put him by the back door and left it open for him to take off when he came more to. He did and this time he managed to get out the door.


The animals here are amazing! We have a lizard that lives outside our front door. Hna. killed Wilbur the kitchen cockroach yesterday (yes we had named him but that didn’t stop us from taking his life when the opportunity presented itself), I killed yesterday a humongous spider in the shower, the first apartment I stayed at in G.P. had bunny visitors and a possum visitors. In fact, the possum was just chilling out on the steps of the apartments! Once I saw a coyote in G.P., and last week I saw an owl hunting off the side of the road at sunset.

We met at church yesterday a man who has been investigating the church for some time that has moved here from Boston but he has lived in the Dallas area for most of his life. His name is Lavar and we may get to teach him, although that is up in the air still depending on whether he will decided to attend the single ward or not.

I gave one of the DVDs you sent me, Mom, to the Elmore family. They were baptized just in March and they are so great! The parents are Caran and Steve and they have a 15 yr. old, Jonathan and a 10 yr. old Christopher.

Hope you all are doing well. I don’t have any details yet on calls on Mother’s Day but I will be sure to get them to you! If I still have my navy blue windbreaker, could you mail it off to me please? I have a notice here in my purse, telling me that I have a package in the apartment office but I wasn’t able to get it before the office closed Saturday night so I will get it after grocery shopping today!

Love you all so very, very much!
Hermana Richardson


P.S. Way to go on your finals, Kat!!!

No comments: