Monday, January 26, 2009

Snail mail letter written 19 January 2009

Copy of Snail mail letter

Enero (Janaury) 19, 2009 pagina (page) 1

Dear Family,

I loved getting all of those email and letter this week!!! I will print them off next week at the library since we are using a member’s computer today. I could hear the TVs at the laundry mat talking about the presidential swearing into office. So I know a little bit about the inauguration.

So, I need to tell you more about my companera (Companion) , Hermana (Sister) E___. She grew up in California – in the LA area – actually the Arcadia Mission area. She is bilingual. Her dad is from Guatemala and her mom from Mexico-Guadalajara. Her parents taught Spanish and English to their kids. I talked to her mom for a couple of minutes on the phone on Christmas Day and she speaks English very well.

I am able to learn so much from her! I love our companionship. I am glad we got to stay here together this last transfer! We both try to be obedient so it is easier than it was with my last companera at the MTC. I am beginning to enjoy teaching.

Pagina 2

So, A_____’s baptism was done by Hnas. V____ y (and) M_____. (NOTE: She means they taught her. Elders have the Priesthood and perform the baptisms.) She is so cute! Actually, we are at her family’s apartment now using the computer. (NOTE: In her last letter she sent the baptism invitation of a young girl. She was such sweetheart!)

The boys singing the song about hot chocolate are so cute and full of energy! They were saying, “Now we’ve only got one rule . . . never, ever let it cool – HOT CHOCOLATE!” It was probably difficult to understand through their accents. (NOTE: This was in response to our comments about two cute little boys she send a short video of to us. We couldn’t understand what they were saying except for HOT CHOCOLATE! We thought the song was in Spanish and only HOT CHOCOLATE was being said in English.)

I would love to have pictures of the things and people at home!!!

I plan to return those awesome steer head pj pants to Walmart (I bought them, they weren’t a gift) b/c they don’t fit a woman’s body. All of us sisters bought some, and they fit none of us well. Don’t know who designed them, but there is no room in the seat and hip area.

Pagina 3

Hermana E____ wet to BYU before her mission and plans to go back this fall. Hna leaves the mission April 1st L, but good for her. J So . . . Kat . . . she would love to meet you and the rest of the family. She would be a good local source for math homework help because she wants to be a math teacher. That’s great b/c I don’t think David would like you to stuff him in a suitcase to take Eric and Brooke’s house! :-)

Sounds like you’re fighting the good fight mom! I was laughing from pride (the good kind) just imaging your making your comments at the meeting! “All of you, who don’t agree, please raise your hand.” :-) WOW!

Pagina 4

Maybe you could print and mail copies of Aunt Jackie and Uncle Mike’s Mission letters. I would love to read about their mission experiences!

Hna. J_____ gave me, and the other sisters, Christmas gifts of socks, washcloths, and toothpaste so I’m good on those things. Thanks for thinking about me!!

Hna J____ has already been though remission and her cancer has spread aggressively now. I believe that she is now terminal. Hna. E____ told her about my experiences but Hna. J____ has such faith and peace, and knowledge of the plan (of life). Out visit consisted of her teaching is and bearing testimony. Her husband has problems with faith – he isn’t a member yet. She was able to come to Sacrament Meeting last Sunday though.

I want you all to know that I love you so much! I really enjoy reading your letters and seeing your pictures. Hope that everyone is doing well – we are here!

Love Y’all!

Hermana R________

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful letter. I hope you can send her our experiences. They will be so different from hers. I am really looking forward to the trip up to the altiplano tomorrow. I hope I don't get altitude sickness. 13,000 feet is pretty high up!