Monday, January 19, 2009

New direction for my blog

I started this blog last spring and had such great plans for it. Unfortunately, things didn't progress as I dreamed they wood. After making one post, my computer savvy daughter suggested that I had posted a lot more than I probably wanted to share with all of cyberspace. I had to agree, so we took that post down.

Since I then, I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with it all, so I didn't do anything. I think I know where I want to take it now, so I'm going to try something new--for me. My sister-in-law gave me the idea.

She and her husband are serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Arequipa Peru. During their previous missions, Jackie sent regular emails to interested parties with details of their lives as missionaries. This time she is putting them on a blog and interested readers may check in for updates at their convenience.

So while I may still post items of general interest on this blog, I am now going to post the letters my daughter, Heather, sends home with details of her mission to the Texas Dallas Spanish-speaking Mission. We’ll try it and see how it works. Maybe I’ll like it and maybe I won’t. Maybe I'll figure out how to post Heather's earlier letters and maybe I won't. Any at rate, wish me luck

2 comments:

Richardson Family said...

Ann,

I think this is a great idea! I haven't checked your blog in quite awhile, so I was pleasantly surprised to see all the letters from Heather! Thank you for sharing them with us! It's good to hear how she is doing! What a great example! Thanks again!

We love you and miss you tons!

Richardson Family said...

Oh, can you please add our email address to her contacts list? We'd love to get the updates via email, also! Thanks!!