Monday, January 19, 2009

Email sent Monday, 2009-01-19

Heather's email for Monday, 2009-01-19

We usually hear from Heather twice a week. She sends an email when she gets her 30 minutes on the computer each Monday and then usually writes some more by snail mail. That usually comes at the end of the week. When I think necessary, I will insert an NOTE to explain what is being talked about.

Here is the email we got today, 2009-01-19

Dear Family,

Since today is Martin Luther King Day, we have permission to use a members computer. However, I will make this short as the two other sisters walked in and will need a turn. (NOTE: Missionaries serve in pairs. So she’s now saying that four sister missionaries are all going to use one family’s computer to write home.) We have zone preparation day today and then we are going to play sports at the church. So we will be speedy with our other preparations today. But I will be sure to write you a good letter while the sisters use their email!

Tell the future sis missionary that we are so excited for her to come and that sisters get cars here! (NOTE: Through Face Book, I met another young woman who will be going to same mission Heather is serving in. She had asked me a few questions and Heather is answering the question “Do sisters ride bicycles in the Texas Dallas Mission?”)

There is no need to print pics for me b/c I have a good deal at the CVS pharmacy with my card they give out (like Albertsons does) and I also am trying to keep my load light so any printing can be done when I get home. :)

(NOTE: Last week we tried freezing and then mailing some on El Matador’s famous salsa to Heather.) Unfortunately, the salsa had defrosted when it arrived. It was still cold, but it was cool when we picked it up from our box at 9 pm. Because it had been warm that day, I took your advice and I didn't eat any. Well, I smelled it, then put it in my mouth and didn't taste anything wrong, but then I got this vision of me hugging a toilet all night or daylong and decided not to chance it!

Got to go now! I love you sooooooo much and will write you now via snail mail!

Love you very, very much!
Hermana Heather


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann,
I like this idea and I agree to let you know that I have read your blog with these letters from Heather. Have you suggested the same thing to Mike?
Love,
Jackie