Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hi Mom!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Dear Mom,

It's wonderful to hear that all is in check now with your blood pressure! It's good to know that all that needed to be done was actually taking it your medication and not something hugely complicated.

(I became very ill the week before with some very troubling symptoms. My blood pressure was 190/120, etc. This resulted in a complete cardio workup. The same day I had the tests, that night I needed to refill my pill case. So I empted that evening’s compartment so I could fill for two weeks instead of 13 days. When I did so, I noticed that my blood pressure medication was missing from that evening’s compartment. The only thing I can come up with is that I had been off that medication for two weeks resulting in the decline on my health. I got back on the medication and within 4 or 5 days was much improved. Once the situation was resolved, I had written Heather about it.)

Could you please write your testimony (simple choice of words and phrases please b/c I would translate it) to Flor? She is 17 yrs old now and she has had the first 3 lessons and all but a couple of principals of the 4th lesson so she is prepared for baptism except she now has conflicting thoughts regarding church to her family relationships.

Some background: her family is Catholic but none except her mother practice their religion and only go to church once every blue moon or else they go to whatever church. Her parents live in El Salvador. From my understanding of it, they seem to be okay with what she is doing, but not supportive if that makes sense. I guess consent but no blessing is the best way to describe it. She lives with her older brother, sister-in-law, who is an inactive member, (but you didn't hear that from me!) and 3 yr old nephew, Nefi. Her brother does not see any need to go to church b/c "we'll all be okay in the end" kind of thinking. But if you do go, go to the nearest one. And he is always drunk (but you didn't hear that from me either!). Of course, her family is central in her heart and she has burdens from feeling as if she is disappointing them or betraying tradition. She also hears a bunch of trash talk from brother all the time.

I read your letter to me from thanksgiving with your conversion story. I was so impressed that my dream to bless someone like my Mom was blessed is here now, and her future family will be eternally grateful to Flor for her choice if she will but go forward with this sacred and great covenant. That’s why I would like your testimony to give to her.

Thanks for all you do! And for all of your love and support!

Love,

Heather

No comments: