Tuesday, August 11, 2009

May 18, 2009

Dear Family,

Week 1 of the transfer has been crazy busy! Guess what. I'm the designated driver. That means I do all of the driving. I have to tell ya’ll that when I got behind the wheel for the first time I was so uncomfortable. And then I started thinking how long it had been since I had operated a vehicle. 8 months!!! I sure did feel as though I was 15 and a half all over again but thankfully I'm getting back "into it" without many hiccups - just a couple of not so smooth stopping's and going's at first! Yikes...ohh!

So, more about Hna Medlyn who is my new companion. I called it like it is. (Meaning that she guessed correctly whom she would be serving with.) She served in Grand Prairie for about 10 months! I served in the branch with her when I was in Grand Prairie. She hasn't served in this area so we are having some adventures with getting to know the area and the people as the area is large enough that I wasn't able to "know it all" before the end of last transfer. But that's okay because I'm faking it as if I know exactly what I'm doing! "Oh that...I meant to do that...because of this one reason that I don't have proof of with me right now, but I can get it to you like the next time I see you.” I’m just kidding!

So Hna and I set the new "standards" for the number of baptism dates that we have!

Love you all!!!
Love, Hna Richardson

No comments: