Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hello from Grand Prairie

Monday, March 23, 2009

Dear Family,

How is everyone doing? Sounds like some pretty great things are going on there.

Mom - Thanks for the Benny card! I received it and now have it in my wallet. I also forgot many moons ago to respond that I do have an insurance card with me. I'm sorry that it has taken ages to receive my answer!

Transfers are next week. I don't have any information as to whether I will be staying here in G.P. and receiving a new companion or if I will go conquering new territory. This happens Tuesday of next week (so I have at least one more Preparation day here). I think I may have a cavity and may need to see a dentist, so will you please send me info on who is on our plan.

We have been able to teach Ana Perez a couple more times recently but haven't gone over much in those visits, as the kids needed a lot of her attention both times. We also have met a couple weeks ago, I think, a really cute couple. They live in an apt. complex that only has one English man there, and the rest are Hispanic. They are really great and we are excited to teach them more. Turns out that she has learned a little bit from missionaries before in Mexico. They like it that as a white girl I know Spanish. So many are impressed that I would learn Spanish so I can communicate with them. I feel that it helps them understand how important the message that we are sharing is, that myself, and many other missionaries put so much work into learning another language in order to teach.

Hno. Alfonzo is amazing and is excited for his baptism this Sat. at 4pm. The missionaries that taught him in Arlington have received permission to attend his baptism in our mission! Hna. Escobar and I want to work it out for one of them to baptism him. We pray that it can happen!

We met a woman, Camelia (Kuh-may-lee-uh), this last week. She told us that she doesn't let "church" people come into her home very often but felt "something" good tell her that we are sincere and truthful. She reads a lot from the Bible and wants to learn more about the B of M. We are excited to go back tonight!

I've a bit of a tan going! Amazing huh? Never thought it would happen! :)

We are planning on going to the zoo today with the rest of our district today (4 other elders) instead of the museum. The zoo is cheaper! And probably more fun for the Elders! :)

Going to wrap this up now!
Love you all very, very much!

No comments: