Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm packing my bags

Monday,
March 30, 2009 11:23 AM

Dear Family,

This last week has been a busy one!

Hermano Alfonzo Hernandez was baptized on Saturday and was confirmed with the Holy Ghost yesterday!!! He is so happy and says that he feels so clean! Hermana Escobar and I went in on a white shirt and zip up tie for him b/c he didn't have any special Sunday clothes. He looked so happy in them yesterday.

All of us sisters were invited to bear our testimonies in Fast and Testimony Mtg. yesterday. Many complimented me telling me I have great pronunciation and others tell me that they think I'm smart. Their kind words help me feel like the Lord is continuing to bless me with the ability to speak in Spanish!

So I got a call from the Assistants Saturday night with the news that I am to pack my bags b/c I am headed for a new area! Hna Veliz and Escobar are of course going home but Hna Medlyn will stay here in G.P. in the south and get a new companion. They will have two Elders transferred into our area. Some say that they don't like the idea of having Elders and others are excited. So funny the members' reactions :)! It was nice to say goodbye to everyone yesterday and a couple more today.

We plan to have an FHE with the Picazo family tonight! We think we will do an activity helping them to learn an Article of Faith. They are so cute! The other night they called us b/c they were having trouble finding a scripture that they wanted about tithing. They were studying the scriptures together! He will be ordained next week!

I am mailing a whole bunch of things home b/c I was feeling a bit heavy! So I'm sending the letters I have received home for Brooke (St John—our neighbor) to scrapbook along with some teaching materials clothes that aren’t working very well for here.

Love you all very, very much!!!
Hermana Richardson

No comments: